Social Media Icons
Just thought you might like to know how to incorporate social media buttons into your email signature in order to let your email contacts (whether they’re potential clients or customers) know that you’re active on social media.
Here are step-by-step instructions for inserting professional but fun social media buttons into your Gmail email signature (the steps for other email providers are very similar):
- Log in into your Gmail account
- Hover over the “gear” icon and select “Settings”
- Under the “General” tab, scroll down to the email signature box
- Under your name and other contact information, select the “Insert Image” icon
- Find a social media icon from the ones shown below
- When you find social media buttons that you like, choose a size (we recommend 57 x 57) then right click on the image and select “Copy Image URL.” Go back to your email signature and paste the URL into the “Add an Image box.” If you are satisfied with the image preview, click “OK”
- Next, highlight the icon you just inserted and click the link icon (the one that looks like a chain). Here, input the URL that you would the user to go to if they click on one of your social media icons. For example, for a Twitter icon, we would enter http://www.twitter.com/escvancouver
- Be sure to test the link. If problem free, repeat the process for all social media icons you hope to include.
- You’re done! Sit back, relax, and know that your email contacts now have an easy way of connecting with you on social media
57 x 57 social media icons (PNG)
114 x 114 social media icons (PNG)